Winter is here and my family is hungry! For hearty, warm, home cooked meals that stick to your bones and warm your soul. My potato soup recipe does that in the blender. You read that correctly.. in the BLENDER… It makes it quick and easy! Clean up is a snap. A complete novice, first time cook can make this soup. No culinary degree needed for this one.
- ACE BLENDER BY INSTANT POT
- CUTTING BOARD
- MEASURING CUPS AND SPOONS
- 1/2 CUP REAL BACON CRUMBLES
- 1.5 LBS RUSSET POTATOES
- 2.5 CUPS CHICKEN BROTH
- 1/4 CUP HEAVY CREAM
- 1 SMALL ONION
- 1 TSP MINCED GARLIC
- 1/8 TSP DRIED THYME
- 4 OZ SHARP CHEDDAR CHEESE
- 1/4 CUP SOUR CREAM
- SCALLIONS THINLY SLICED OPTIONAL
- Wash and peel 1.5 lbs of russet potatoes. Chop into less than one-inch chunks. Add chucks to the blender.
- Dice onion to small pieces, Add to blender.
- Add 1/4 cup of Bacon Crumbles to the blender.
- Add 2 1/2 cups of Chicken Broth to the blender.
- Add 1/4 cup of heavy cream to the mixture.
- Add 1 teaspoon of Minced Garlic.
- Add 1/8 dried Thyme.
- Lock the lid in place.
- Choose Soup . Option 1.
- The Ace Blender will heat up and then start cooking at temperature for 20 minutes.
- Once the Ace Blender completes the cooking cycle it will display DONE.
- Add 1 cup of Sharp Cheddar Cheese and1/4 cup of Sour Cream.
- Mix soup thoroughly.
- Garnish soup with cheese and back. Salt and Pepper to personal taste.